Gum disease is a concerning periodontal condition that can significantly impede your oral health if not addressed quickly. The disease results from complications of poor oral hygiene, skipping routine dental appointments, the use of tobacco products, and crooked teeth that are not easy to clean. Gum disease isn’t always easy to spot either and can go undetected for a long time, which is why it’s important to remain on top of your oral care and current on all dental visits.
We encourage you to be on the lookout for these symptoms of gum disease:
· Any alterations in how your bite feels when your teeth come together
· Easily bleeding gums
· Teeth that shift or feel loose
· Gums that are tender, swollen, or red
· Long-lasting sour breath
· Persistent bad taste in the mouth
· Gums receding from the teeth
· Dentures feeling different in your mouth
If you experience any signs of gum disease, we encourage you to contact Haeberer Family & Cosmetic Dentistry at 703-433-2155 today to schedule an oral exam with our dentist as soon as possible. Dr. Alfred Haeberer and our team can help you develop a personalized treatment plan to reverse the effects of gum disease in Sterling, Virginia, and keep the condition under control.