At our office, we are committed to utilizing advanced dental technology to always provide you with the highest level of dental care. We are proud to utilize the Orthophos SL 3D imaging system in Sterling, Virginia, which allows Dr. Alfred Haeberer to view your whole facial structure at once, including the relationships between the various parts of your mouth and face. Ultimately, this tool allows our team at Haeberer Family & Cosmetic Dentistry to provide more accurate diagnoses and treatment plans and perform more precise procedures. We welcome you to learn more today by calling our office at 703-433-2155.
In order to provide you with the best possible dental care, it is essential that we accurately evaluate and diagnose your oral health. One of the state-of-the-art tools that we use at our practice is a 3D imaging program. This creates a three-dimensional model of your smile that includes not just your teeth, but your jawbone, sinuses, airway spaces and even arterial blockages. To date, this technology has allowed us to save an average of one patient’s life per month. This diagnostic tool can actually save your life.
The Orthophos SL 3D imaging system allows our team to more accurately and efficiently perform many tasks, including:
- Asses the need for orthodontics and evaluate the progress of treatment
- Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
- Analyze the development of periodontal disease
- Evaluate the jaw joint and diagnose TMJ disorder
- Detect oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placements
- Diagnose cavities (tooth decay) and other dental problems
- Evaluate the extent of dental and/or facial trauma
- Detect abscesses, cysts and tumors
- Detect airway issues that lead to sleep apnea.
Using the Orthophos SL 3D imaging system is both quick and comfortable. The machine simply rotates around your head as your stand in place, providing us with a high-definition, nearly instantaneous 3D replica of your oral structure.
For more information about our high-tech dental equipment and the Orthophos SL 3D imaging system, we welcome you to call or visit our practice today.